Task: Evaluate the anticipated and potential impact of your project in relation to a key argument made about the processes driving global media industries.Project: A tv show made in Australia targeted at Japanese children. The tv is distributed on Netflix in Japan. The tv is produced in Australia. The tv show showcases Australian landmarks – it promotes tourism.Discuss how and why this argument matters and justify where you stand in relation. You must use prescribed readings to guide your evaluation.
– Production of culture/cultures of production (1997) Chapter 1: What in the world is going on? pp. 12–47, 12–47 BY Kevin Robins
– From Bombay to Bollywood : The Making of a Global Media Industry Chapter 1 BY Aswin Punathambekar
– Creative industries and informal economies: Lessons from Nollywood by Ramon Lobato
– Kokas, Aynne. Hollywood Made in China, University of California Press, 2017. ProQuest Ebook Central, http://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/qut/detail.action?docID=4699776
– Your Own Backyard. Thompson, Kristin. The Frodo Franchise : The Lord of the Rings and Modern Hollywood, University of California Press, 2007. ProQuest Ebook Central, http://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/qut/detail.action?docID=470989.
– K-pop, Indonesian fandom, and social media in Transformative Works and Cultures – https://journal.transformativeworks.org/index.php/twc/article/view/289/219